Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lightning is AWESOME!

So, last night, I decided to do something good and productive this coming Christmas. With Kevin working, I figured I would stay at home and wallow, but then last night, I decided to try and visit our local VA Hospital that day. As I was filling out the online volunteer applicatin, something hit me like a bolt of lightning. See, I've been struggling with what to do in school ever since a counselor let me know that I can't do the Nursing Program because of my bad back. To add insult to injury, I had a 4.0 curricular GPA at the time, and I would've been a shoo-in to get into the program. Anyway, first, I thought I wanted to be a Social Worker, then I thought about Journalism, then I thought about teaching Honor's English to high schoolers. However, today, I figured it out...I want to work for a non-profit organization!!! I've always liked charity and volunteering, so I really think that I've found my niche. I'm not saying that I've figured out the meaning of life, but, for now, this bolt of lightning is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment