Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!


So, another Christmas is upon us all. I can hardly believe it! Is it just me, or does this day come faster each year? Every year, I'm reminded of the Christmases spent with my family when I was a little girl. I was always the first one up, usually at about 6:30 or so in the morning. I'd usually wake my dad up first, since he was the most willing! Then, I'd wake up my poor mom, who unbeknownst to me was usually up until about 2 or 3 in the morning wrapping presents and putting them under the tree! After I woke her up, I'd wake up my very cranky siblings, which usually involved some colorful language and pillows being thrown at me! Dad would make some coffee for him and Mom, and then we'd turn on the fireplace, and start the unwrapping. We always had such a good time. I miss those Christmases a lot. I still love spending Christmas with my family now, but it's different now that Dad's gone...it's lost some of its joy, I guess. Celebrating Jesus' birth is the most important part of Christmas for me, now. Anyway, to anyone who may read this, I wish you all (and your families) a very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment